About JTB Homestay Japan Program
JTB Homestay Japan is a part of the JTB International Educational Exchange Division and supports overseas study and overseas training programs as the international exchange arm of JTB Business World Tokyo Corp(JTB Group). We were the first travel agency to offer homestay programs to support international students in Japan.
Our aim is to help more and more international students "Learn to love Japan by using our homestay program." Starting with the Harvard University summer program, we offer homestay to international students who go to universities or vocational schools and trainees from companies in areas around Tokyo (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama and Chiba).
3 advantages of JTB Homestay Japan Program
Advantage on survival
You can experience "Survival Japanese" in both aspects of language and daily life with a limited understanding of Japanese and Japanese culture.
Advantage on culture
You can have the most appropriate opportunities for practical Japanese, and also have opportunities to get familiar with Japanese culture and customs further through Japanese.
Advantage on guardian
You can lead a "healthy and disciplined life" in a foreign country by placing yourself in a well-regulated ordinary family life.
Service (One typical example)
- We select host families in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama that are within a one-hour commute of your place of study and work.
- Family structure
- We make arrangements to meet international students' requirements as much as possible, such as families with or without children.
- We usually arrange a private room.
- a desk, a desk lamp, a bed or futon, a closet
- two meals (breakfast and supper) during weekdays, and three meals (breakfast, lunch and supper) on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Utility expenses
- are included in homestay expenses
- We make selecting host families that can accommodate an international student's special dietary needs (due to allergies or personal beliefs) the first priority.
Contact and order
Airport Escort Service
Upon request, we are able to offer you a pick-up service at Narita airport.
Our staff will help you to get a limousine bus ticket going to the place where you will meet your host family.
This service will be available at additional cost. (Limousine bus fare is included.) If you request Airport Escort Service, please indicate on the application form and transfer Airport Escort Service fee in the amount of ¥15,000 along with Placement fee.
Selected host families
We make a direct house visit of all host families to insure all family members support the hosting of an international student and to judge their level on hosting spirit. Additionally, the direct house visits are to inspect the condition of the home itself. All this is done in order to introduce friendly families with positive attitudes to you.
We provide orientation to host families before accepting international students aimed at helping host families prepare for accepting international students and having a trouble-free time with their international students. In addition, we also try to solve problems during homestay as quickly as possible, providing a medium between international students and host families.